VICTIM CRISIS ASSISTANCE ONTARIO (VCAO)
24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Victim Crisis Assistance Ontario offers immediate on-scene crisis and trauma support in partnership with emergency services. Our volunteers are trained to provide immediate support to victims. They can help with urgent practical matters or, if unable to assist, can locate, arrange, and link to other services and resources. We offer advocacy, follow-up, and safety planning.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Upon arrival the crisis team assesses the victim’s most urgent needs.
2. The team then provides immediate practical and emotional support.
3. The team provides referrals to community agencies.
4. Upon completing the initial assessment, followup services are provided, if needed.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Client must be in Guelph or Wellington County for on scene support.
- Client must be referred by emergency services to Victim Services Wellington for on scene support.
WHO IS INELIGIBLE?
- If the call is deemed unsafe for our staff or volunteers to attend.
- If housing insecurity is the only need.
- If someone is having a mental health crisis.